So I signed up for a BOM at my local quilt shop. And then I got the first kit, read the pattern and screamed “WHAT HAVE I DONE?” This is how my adventure with Arcadia Avenue began. This super intricate paper-pieced block of the month kept me busy for over a year. Some months I had the patience to finish the block in one sitting, but most of the time it took multiple sewing sessions to complete just one block.
And then came to sewing it all together and removing ALL THAT PAPER. But the finished product was totally worth it in the end. I used a combo of Pro-Stitcher patterns (as seen in the white block above) and ruler work in the body of the quilt. And then I tried out feathers, pebbles, and swirls on the outside white border. I’m pretty happy with how it all turned out!
This quilt was on my machine for a long time, but it was a great learning experience. I especially loved mixing computerized quilting with free-motion. And I had some expert supervision from Mischa on this project too!